Killing Two Birds With One Stone

One fine Wednesday afternoon this past September I announced that I wanted to go to the U.S. Open. My friends, knowing that I am a big tennis fan, were not surprised by this statement. They were, however, slightly taken aback when I said that I wanted to go to the U.S. Open that Sunday. That's right, Sunday. Just four days after my declaration. And how awesome are my friends that their almost instantaneous response was to agree to my whim? So, I hopped online and was able to snag us four tickets for the night session at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

So, Sunday morning Kristin, Christine, Christian and I hopped in the car and started on our way to Queens, NY. After five hours, a little traffic and some city driving (that's right, I drove in NYC!) we were there.




















We arrived in plenty of time to grab some good (but overpriced) food and some tasty drinks. Honey Dueces anyone?




















The tennis itself could have been better and the players we saw wouldn't have been my top choices, but the experience was awesome. Check out the view from the "cheap" seats!




















In case you were wondering that is Andy Murray of Great Britain being interviewed on the court after he handily defeated American Taylor Dent.

So, I'm happy to say that I was able to cross two more items off my list. Say goodbye to:

# 14: Attend the U.S. Open (tennis)

and

#15: Attend a professional tennis match



1 comments:

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch US Open Tennis Championship Session 22, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/US_Open_Tennis_Championship_Session_22-tickets looking forward to it.